Skip to main content

A Quick Thing

The pressure is unbearable
But I can't figure out why
I want to keep trying
Because I love you so much
But every time it makes me cry
And still I don't know why

I know you love me, I love you too
Its supposed to be something special
But somehow the stress
Caused by a lack of time
Makes me feel dirty inside
And still I don't know why

It feels good after the initial pain fades
But it doesn't seem to be enough
Somehow the tension doesn't go away
And still I don't know why

Uncontrollably the tears begin to fall
I just don't know how to stop them
They make me feel empty inside
And still I don't know why

Afterwards you have to leave me
That I understand
Then I call you
To hear you say you love me
And that I really do mean something special to you
I listen to you because I trust you
I believe you wouldn't tell me lies
Hearing your voice
And all of the loving things you say
It always makes me feel so much better
About us and what we've done
But then I know why

I guess I just need more time to prepare
Quick fits of passion
Are more than I can stand
The stress has proved to be too much
But whenever a chance comes along
When time is on our side
I will be glad to make love to you
And share more than just a quick thing

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just You

I used to think I would never need a man I guess in some ways that still hold true But there is one big difference I don't need just any man I need you Before I met you I thought I was happy I thought my life had meaning However, I was horribly wrong You came into my life and my soul You made everything ten times better Than it had ever been before You've made me feel Things I have never felt before You kiss me and I melt You place your hand on the small of my back As we walk together And I feel this amazing sense Of peace and comfort All of this to love and enjoy For as long as we live And you saved it all for me How amazing you are in so many ways And yet you remain mine And only mine I love you so very much From now until always

Why

I keep asking myself Why does he love me?  Me of all people? But then I ask, why do I love him? And why can't I see myself without him? Why has my life changed to revolve solely around him? All of these questions and I have no answers No reasons as to why I guess we'll just never know This raises another question How do we stay together? I guess because we know what we have is real I am sure you are asking How can we be sure of that? I say because of our experience and intuition Tells us it can be All of these unanswered questions Stir conflict from time to time But we have learned that after The things we didn't mean to say have settled And we have long forgotten The things we didn't mean to do The only thing that remains Is our love for one another And I believe that is enough To thrive on for the rest of our lives

Haunted

Sitting here all alone Thinking back to those haunting words I can't seem to get them out of my mind Wondering what they mean And why they were said I can't help but think the speaker hates me Or feel like I will ruin your life I never want to lose you But I don't want to feel guilty for holding you back I am scared that I am slowly losing you Worried that I am dying inside His words are draining me He is tearing me apart And doesn't even realize it So please talk to me Tell me it will all be okay Cause somehow I always believe The loving words you speak to me Wipe away my tears and tell me you love me Make me feel whole again Bring back the passion Don't let him tear us apart Alone, I am not strong enough But together I believe we can overcome Lets stop those haunting words That imply I will someday ruin you Or cause your untimely death So save me from myself